Friday, 5 February 2016

Diane: Goodwin Sports Centre at the University of Sheffield

This is Diane (Da Eun) Lee here; a Sheffield student and one of the International Office Ambassadors for South Korea.  You can find out more about me from my student profile on our web pages. I am so honoured to write a blog and give some handy information about student life here at Sheffield University.

I am going to start with telling you about the Goodwin Sports Centre at the University. The centre offers diverse facilities, including a gym, swimming pool and bouldering wall. On top of that, it provides many fitness classes ranging from yoga, pilates, spin classes and even Zumba,  which is one of my favourite aspects of the University.

I joined the gym last October and ever since I have been enjoying it so much! Staff are nice, diligent and supportive when you need any help. Gym instructors wear yellow uniforms so you can spot them and they are available all the time to help.

Outside Goodwin Sports Centre


The equipment is not only state-of-the-art but is accessible to everyone by simply booking in advance. The sports centre also offers a number of payment options so that people can choose the type of membership which is best suited to their preferences and financial needs. For example, if you are a morning person, you can pick an off-peak membership that is available between the hours of 7am and 5pm, and is cheaper than choosing a peak (after 5pm) membership. You can pay for your membership all at once, but if you are worried that you won’t go to the gym that often,then you can pay a basic monthly payment. 

Being a gym member has inspired me to get involved in regular workouts to enrich my wellbeing in Sheffield. Since I’ve started working out there, I have not only found my body has become more toned, but I also found that I became more energetic, and could concentrate on my studies better. You’ll also be able to see that Goodwin Sports Centre can help to enhance your personal development as well as helping you to become more healthy if you choose to come to Sheffield, too. Hope to see you there!

By Diane (Da Eun) Lee
International Office Ambassador for South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment