Monday, 8 February 2016

Huinan: Feeling Welcome during Sheffield's Orientation Week


My name is Huinan Zeng and I’m a current Chinese student at the University of Sheffield. I’m an International Office Ambassador for China and you can see my profile on our web pages.

Students at Orientation Week













Taking part in the activities in Orientation week is the best way to start your university life here in Sheffield. Last year I was a fresher, and during that week I felt warmly welcomed by the University and I met lots of brilliant people. I hoped that I could have a chance to pass on the kindness and joy I received, so this year I worked as an Orientation Assistant myself.  

I saw so many students making new friends and enjoying themselves just like I did. The welcome talks on offer every day give students an overview of the programme for the week.  There are a lot of” icebreakers” which are fun activities and games to help students can meet new friends. Participating in guided tours and walks are a good way to explore the University and the city – plus you will not get lost anymore!

There are also lots of special activities on offer throughout the week. We had a welcome BBQ, an afternoon tea, had a “Taste of Britain”, etc. As their name suggests, they are all about food! :-)  For those who love partying and socializing, I’d recommend that you don’t miss our big global intro party and karaoke! Last but not least, there will be a fancy welcome reception at the end of the week.  Stop hesitating and join us now!

By Huinan Zeng
International Office Ambassador for China

No comments:

Post a Comment