Thursday, 25 February 2016

Huinan 's Uni Life Starts!


Hi! I am Huinan Zeng and I am the International Office Ambassador for China. You can find out more about me here .

This Christmas holiday, I went back to Beijing. It is always nice to go back to the sweet and warm home. Beijing is very different from Sheffield. It is much bigger, with more population and more place to have fun.

However, after enjoying my life back home for a week, I began missing Sheffield. I missed its amazing view and fresh air. I missed the IC (pictured below), Diamond and all the places that I could really focus and study without anything else disturbing me. Life in Sheffield is quite but unique. All of the memories in the past years flashed back and I came to realize how much I loved this place.


Then I began to think of how I started my uni life here. I was 19 when I first arrived in UK without much experience of what life in a university is like. I lived in Endcliffe, the biggest student village.  The place is so different with student accommodations in China and I was amazed by how beautiful and close to nature the village is (in Beijing you will never get this much green!). I met my flatmates for the first time. They are from different part of the world but they are all awesome people, and they turned out to be my BFFs now.



My life suddenly changed. I have much more time that I could plan myself and I had the feeling that I could make almost every decision in everyday life. At the same time, I need to take care of myself, cook for myself, do the laundries and all the cleaning. I was happy with my freedom but I know that at the same time I have more responsibility for myself because I am alone in a foreign country with a foreign language and culture, and I will have a totally different life here with much more challenges. I guess that feeling is called growing up.

The beginning of everything is always memorable, especially those life changing ones. I hope you could come and join us and after settling in, share us your stories of your first couple of days in this amazing city!



By Huinan Zeng
International Office Ambassador for China

No comments:

Post a Comment