Friday, 26 February 2016

Regine's Christmas break in Sheffield

Hi! My name is Regine and I'm a Hong Kong student here at Sheffield working as an International Office Ambassador. You can find out more about me from my profile

The holidays couldn’t come soon enough, I couldn’t wait to get home to see my friends, family, eat so much good food, get away from the cold of Sheffield and hide in the warmth of Hong Kong.


The month long break passed in a blink of an eye, it just all happened too fast! Its strange to think that when I return to my home, I act like a tourist – visiting the popular destinations, spending hours in the districts that I never usually went to, looking at all the changes the city has gone through, there was just so much still to discover. I spent a lot of time with family; visiting family friends and relatives, doing seemingly mundane things that appeared interesting just because I was doing it with my loved ones.

Although I had dedicated time to going out and being with friends and family, exam season was looming over my shoulder constantly reminding me of the papers and assignments I faced when I returned to Sheffield, so just to give myself some slack when I got back, I ended up spending a day or two of my precious holiday blasting through some work and setting myself up for the revision ahead.


The holidays were a wonderful time to take a break, get away from school work and just have fun and enjoy the festivities, meet with family and old friends, share the times we had while we were apart in our respective universities. Even though I knew I was home I was still missing my Sheffield home, my friends, the frantic-ness of university life, having to take care of myself. It was wonderful to go home for the holidays, but also be able to come home for university. 

By Regine Cheung
International Office Ambassador for Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment