Monday, 29 February 2016

Sekinat's day at La Campagne Tropicana.

Hiiii! This is Sekinat, International Office Ambassador for Nigeria. You can find out more about me on my profile

I will be sharing a tiny part of my holiday with you guys today. Over the Christmas break, I travelled back to Lagos, Nigeria to spend time with my family. Anyone who knows Lagos, would agree with me when I say its not for the meek. I could easily describe Lagos as MAD HOUSE. My husband and I decided to go to a beach resort at the outskirts of Lagos for a change of scenery.

After a three-hour drive on a Sunday, 27th of December, we arrived at La Campagne Tropicana. Yay! Although I was already so exhausted, it was still very exciting for me as I had always wanted to visit there since my undergraduate years. The resort has an African theme to it; we were welcomed in my local Yoruba dialect at the reception. Fast forward some minutes later, we were taken to our lodge which happened to be hut.






























This was our intercom for the duration of our trip. Three taps of the drum and we were promised an attendant would show up. I did not believe that, but Alas it worked!LOL. 



























A newly wedded couple being serenaded by the resort band. 





Who goes Kayaking with a long dress?? Me :D . Turns out it was totally random, I saw some kids doing it and we decided to. 



This activity reminded me of the power of teamwork. One wrong paddle and we were going in the wrong direction or moving in circles. 
N.B : free exercise tips- looking for toned arms??this is the sport for you.Hehe!




Enjoying nature. Even the sand was beautiful!












































Jumping because I can :D :D



Reflecting on this trip, I just have to agree that sometimes as individuals, we need to just sit back, relax and spend time with loved ones.  I had a great time at La Campagne Tropicana and an awesome holiday. 

On a side note though, I needed to get back to Sheffield. I missed the beautiful green city, plus my assessments were calling for me!

By Sekinat Abbas.
International Office Ambassador for Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment