Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Peddler Market

I am from Raleigh, North Carolina and one of the things I miss most about home is the downtown events that were always on. There was First Friday where on the first Friday of ever month all the galleries stayed open late and they closed down one street to have vendors and a band. It was always fun to go walk around the galleries and go to the bars and see the street music. When I first moved to Sheffield I couldn't find any event that was like this. Then I found the Peddler Market.This event happens every few months and normally consists of food trucks, street music, and small stands that have a range of art and magazines. The food is always so good no matter what truck you choose to eat at. At the last one I went to I had some of the best tacos and the one before I enjoyed a brisket sandwich. Then I check out the art and other stands that are there. There are always nice things to look at and the owners are always up to chat about their work. This event reminds me so much of home and First Friday because I may only go with one or two of my friends but I will probably see about 20 people I know and it makes Sheffield feel more like home. Now this event might not be for everyone but I think everyone should try to find something in Sheffield that reminds you of home because this will help so much with the transition. This could be something like a restaurant or university society or an event like Peddler Market. http://www.peddlermarket.co.uk/




No comments:

Post a Comment