Monday, 11 April 2016

Persian New Year in Sheffield



Happy Persian New Year !!

I want to give my best wishes to all Iranians in the coming year.

One of the best things about our University system is that from 19th of  March till 10th of April the university is closed because of the Easter holidays, well this holiday makes me really happy not only because I am free but also this means that I can go back home and spend my new year celebration with my family.

We in Persian society try our best to show our culture and traditions to other nationalities in the university. This is the second year that we have a small celebration for Norouz in the university, we put Haft Sin alongside cookies and Persian sweets so people can come, learn about our culture and celebrate Norouz with us. 

Helia Nazari- International Office Ambassador from Iran

No comments:

Post a Comment