Saturday, 16 April 2016

Sheffield's Food Scene: Broomhill Edition

Pie pics (photo credit to fellow pie connoisseur Melissa K.)


I thought I would share a list of my favorite places to eat near Endcliffe Village for any student looking to live in this university accommodation area.

Nottingham House
Since living in Sheffield, the word "pie" has completely transformed from my original American understanding. In the USA, a pie is a baked dish surrounded in pastry and normally a desert since it has a sweet fruit filling. But here, when your friends ask you if you want to join them for some 'pies' it is not Apple or Blueberry Pie, but a meat pie. These kinds of pies can have a combination of any meat and vegetable. And if I want a really good pie close to my accommodation, Nottingham House is the best. But a lot of students and locals know how amazing this place is so it is always best to get there a bit early before the dinner rush!

On a Roll
This place is great for its traditional English breakfast choices and also its amazing breakfast sarnies (sandwiches) if you're on the go. Most importantly, the prices at this place will make any student's wallet happy.

Remo's Cafe
There are some hard times in Sheffield where I miss a good ol' iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts. Yes, I can go to Starbucks and grab one there... but I always try to support local businesses when I can, so Remo's is a fantastic place to do just that! I originally went here to get the amazing iced coffee they serve, but I keep going for the dishes as well. Whether you are looking for a good breakfast, a crispy deli sandwich, or some cake for afternoon tea, this is the place to go! And the atmosphere is great for meeting with friends or bringing some school work to focus on.




No comments:

Post a Comment