Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Tianrun: My studying methods


My name is Tianrun Yang and I am a current student at the University of Sheffield. I am an International Office Ambassador for China and you can find out more about me on my student profile on the University web pages.


Everyone has her/his own way to learn something new. I also have mine. Today I would love to talk about my studying methods.

Firstly, when I learn something new, I will take down some notes. They are particularly helpful, and it works out well for me. However, we all know that if you do not review what you have learnt as soon as possible, you will find it hard to pick it up again. So I always review my notes and read my book once again after classes.



Secondly, I think drawing mind maps is a wonderful way to get better understanding of knowledge. Because I can easily learn key points in a short time as well as compare it to some relevant points.

Thirdly, after you make best use of your notes and mind maps, you can close your book and ask yourself some questions to check out whether you really master the knowledge and review the points you do not understand.

Then, it is very necessary to find some read some relevant materials in the reading list which the lecturers give. I am not saying that you have to finish all the books and journals on the list, however, reading does broadening your horizon.

Finally, the last but not the least, please do not forget attending lectures. It is the initial way to gain all the knowledge. A good lecturer would arise your passion on the subject and give you a good start of this module.


By Tianrun Yang
International Office Ambassador for China






No comments:

Post a Comment