Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Diane tells us about the Peddler Night Market

Hey all :)
It's Diane; International Office Ambassador for South Korea. Find out more about me and my time in Sheffield on my web page.

There are several festivals going on in sheffield like food, film, music etc. We can’t miss them at all, can we ?

Although my exams were coming in two weeks and  I was cramming revisions and essays. Well,you know everyone needs break. I couldn't help but explore one of festival, Peddler Night Market with Rebecca, one of International Office Ambassador.
Peddler night market is running on the first weekend of every month. This market is held in a reformed industrial warehouese in Kelham Island (92 Burton Rd Sheffield S3 8DA) where many locals adore to hang out. It has a range of things to taste, see and listen.
This time, Peddler Night Market brought a load of street food vendors so that people could try them from the exotic Thai food, Hongkong style dimsum to very Americanised grilled cheesy sandwiches, barbeque and italian fire pot pizza, surrounded by wonderful live music.
You also can expect to experience lovely locally sourced food ingredients like chutney and the perfectly right place to hangout with your friends and family-friendly too.

(The Thai food was the most popluar in Peddler - such a long queue)








(Dimsum su, the man said they are hongkong style dumplings and taste all good )


FYI, the sun seriously doesn’t go down early in the spring time, it does around nine or ten in the evening which is what I quite like, my photos don’t look like Night market at all :P !! So I attached more of them when I took in last October.
 





This area is further than city centre from the Student Union, yet there are lots of hip places beloved by young locals like river side pubs, bakery, museum and gallery etc. It means you can even spend a day wandering the area in a sunny day. It’s definitely worth visiting.


Thanks for reading my blog !


By Diane (Da Eun) Lee
International Office Ambassador for South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment