Thursday, 12 May 2016

Huinan's 10 things to do with your flatmates!

Hi! I am Huinan Zeng and I am the International Office Ambassador for China. You can find out more about me here .

A lot of prospective students have concerns about living in student accommodation. For those who are worried about whether they can get along with their future flatmates, there is really no need to worry and I am sure you will have an amazing time with them. The best thing about living in student accommodation is that you might meet your lifelong friend!

I lived in the university accommodation in my fresher’s year. In the first few days after I arrived in UK, I was so shy and worried about whether I could make friends with my flatmates since they are all international students and we have different culture background. However, they were so friendly and helpful, and they became my first group of friends in my university life. I was especially close with one of them so we decided to live together in a private student accommodation this year. We are living in a five bedroom flat now and here we met the other three awesome people.

During my two years in Sheffield, I had a lot of great experience with my flatmates and here are some ideas about the things you can do with them!

1.    Throw a flat party! Just drink and chill.

2.    Have a dinner party! Cook together and make it like an international food festival.

3.    Have a movie night! Simply wear your pyjamas and enjoy a good film at home.



4.    Have a game night! Play card games and have fun.

5.    Visit their home! It is a great chance to experience different culture.


6.    Meet your flatmate’s friend and make friend with them! This is a good way of meeting new people.


7.    Go shopping together! They might help you to hold your bags all the way home!

8.    Go on a night out! Isn’t it great to have someone walk home with you at night?

9.    Go on holiday! You can plan the trip together in your cosy rooms.

10.  Have a midnight chat! Share your dreams and future plan.

Enjoy your uni life with your flatmates!! xx


By Huinan Zeng
International Office Ambassador for China

Email: china@sheffield.ac.ukchina@sheffield.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment