Saturday, 28 May 2016

Something we all need - holidays!

Holidays are very important! It doesn't matter if you are doing your A-Levels, working as a professional or studying at the Uni - everyone needs to have rest sometimes!


At the University of Sheffield you have 3 main holiday periods - Christmas (4 weeks), Easter (3 weeks) and of course Summer holidays (3-4 months). Since all of those holidays are quite long every student at the University gets a chance to go home - no matter how far they live. However you don't have to go home if you don't want to - your university accommodation rent lasts the whole year which means you can just travel around UK during the holidays and not worry about having a place to stay. And many students do that! Many of my Chinese friends choose to travel around UK during the holidays since this way you can learn a little bit more about the country you are living at and you can also discover how diverse it is!


The famous Big Ben 
This year I've actually had great Christmas and Easter holidays and I want to tell you a bit more about them.


Throughout those holidays I was able to visit a few cities in UK - like London and Oxford and a few courtiers as well! For example during my Christmas Holidays I was able to visit Switzerland, Italy, Phuket and Singapore as well!


And do you want to know what is one of the best things about studying at the international university like Sheffield Uni? It's that you meet people from all over the world and you get to visit them too :) And since travelling is one of my passions in life, for me it's one of the great advantages.


Beautiful Switzerland
But in this blog I wanted to talk more about my summer plans, because I think that since those are the longest Holidays, you can really fit a lot into them! So first of all, the exam period finishes on 10th of June this year and unfortunately I have exams going all the way to the end... But then again it gives me a longer time to prepare, so perhaps it's not so unfortunate :)

Something to look forward to this summer :)


But after I will be done with exams my plan is to stay in UK for a few weeks to travel around the country. Surprisingly, even after living in UK for almost 5 years now I haven't visited many cities, so my plan is to travel around Northern England and see cities like Leeds and York. From there my plan is to move South, to London, to be precise. And I love London, especially during the summer, so my plan is to spend a weekend there and meet some of my college friends. And of course I am planning to spend a lot of time at home during this summer, because while in Sheffield I really miss my family :) After a months with my family my plan is to have a Eurotrip with my friends, where we're planning to drive through Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France, Belgium and perhaps a few more European countries finishing in UK, where in September I will be starting my year placement!

Amazing summer sunsets in Belgium
So yeah, there you have my plans for the summer and trust me, during this exam period it's something that I'm really looking forward to!

What do you have planned for the summer? Let me know in the comments below :)


Take care,
International Office Student Ambassador - Polina






No comments:

Post a Comment