Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Kimberly's Day Trips: York

Hello everybody, Kimberly here. I am planning on making a Day Trip series around UK. I love planning day trips around the UK because it is low-cost and convenient. It is easy to travel around the country because UK's public transportation is very efficient. York is about 1-2 hours away by train from Sheffield. 

York is a popular tourist destination because of its rich heritage and historical attractions. As soon as I exited York’s train station, I spotted the medieval walls enclosing the city. I took the opportunity to walk on the medieval wall walk path, in which I got to see the city from a different perspective. 


The first stop was the York Minster. Even from afar, I could spot the York Minster, as it is one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe. 


I was awed because of the stunning architecture. There was a statue of Constantine the Great in front of the York Minster. 


Besides that, I went to visit Clifford’s Tower, which was part of York castle. The funny thing was that the tower is located in the middle of a carpark! 


I also visited the National Railway Museum. The museum is free to the public and it showed some historical trains and how railways developed. 


During the trip, I got to try Yorkshire pudding. The meat and gravy was really tasty. York is a really beautiful place to visit and I would recommend people to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment