Thursday, 11 August 2016

Emily’s Mini European Tour


This May I was fortunate to have 2 friends make the trip across the pond to visit me in Sheffield.  Wanting to take advantage of the time they had in Europe, I organized 3 mini trips over 2 weeks.  Using airbnb and hostelworld for accommodation and Ryanair and EasyJet for travel, we managed to keep the trip affordable for 3 recent graduates. 


Starting off in London, I met my friends at Kings Cross Station after they arrived.  Getting straight into the must do tourist activities, we headed for platform 9 ¾ for a quick photo op. Over the next two days we managed to visit all of the top sites on our list including: Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, The London Eye, The Globe Theatre, Camden Market, and Piccadilly Circus among others.


Society Ball with great friends

After a wonderful few days in London, my friends and I traveled to Sheffield to attend the Public Health Society Ball.  Although jet lag was definitely hitting hard by this time, the three-course meal and live music definitely gave us an extra boost. 

Copenhagen- the city of bikes!



The morning after the ball, we departed for Copenhagen, Denmark for a weekend of bike riding and exploration of the colorful city.  From the Little Mermaid to Tivoli to the colorful canals, Copenhagen definitely makes it to the top of my list of must-sees. 



Chatsworth House



Leaving Copenhagen, with a newfound desire to become Danish, we returned to Sheffield.  Over the next two days we visited some of my favorite restaurants, including the Prince of Wales, and traveled to the Peak District to visit the quaint village of Bakewell, as well as Chatsworth House. 
Greeted by Guinness in Ireland!





The final leg of our journey led us to the popular city of Dublin, Ireland.  With 2 nights left on the whirlwind trip, we managed to visit the Guinness Museum, Temple Bar, St. Stephen’s Green, and several other attractions. 


Exhausted after 13 days of travel and fun, and I was sad to say goodbye, but happy to be returning to Sheffield, the city I now call home!


No comments:

Post a Comment